Missing packages from Diablo Extras
This page is to list the packages which are missing from extras-devel for Diablo and preventing the building of other packages.
 Packages missing from Extras-Devel
Please add a comment below when you start working in a package, to avoid duplicated work.
You can also help listing here the problematic packages behind the most Missed applications.
 Very Important Packages
Several packages depend on these ones:
- libc-dev - Needed to install libncursesw5-dev
- libc-dev is a virtual package.libc6-dev is in the diablo sdk repository and can be added easily. I doubt it will be added to extras. ~ qwerty12
- libdb4.2 (4.2.52-18osso => 4.2.52+dfsg-2) - fails during system update, tried various "apt-get -f" with no luck
- libxml2 (2.6.27.dfsg-1osso4 => 2.6.27.dfsg-1.maemo1) - fails during system update, tried various "apt-get -f" with no luck
 The rest
- Opensync packages (libopensync opensync-format-plugin-vformat msynctool opensync-plugin-file opensync-plugin-gpe libwbxml2 libopenobex libsyncml opensync-plugin-syncml) - These will be worked on later by Graham Cobb
- Sisusb packages (sisusbvga sisbit xsisusb) - These will be worked on later by Graham Cobb
 Fixed in extras-devel
Move here packages from the lists above once they are fixed in extras-devel.
- GPE has been built.
- libgnutls-dev - Needed to build: libsoup. Thanks to Ed (and all the other dependencies he also had to build!)
- libsoup2.2-dev - Needed to build: GPE, Opensync. Thanks to Ed.
 Packages missing from Extras
Obviously all the packages listed above are missing. In addition, the following packages are available in extras-devel but not available in Extras, preventing the installation of other packages from Extras.
- libssl 0.9.7 In certified repository
 Fixed in extras
Move here packages from the list above once they are fixed in extras.
- libsoup2.2-dev and its dependencies (libtasn1-3, opencdk10, gnutls13, libgcrypt11, lzo2, libxml2). Graham Cobb promoted these (even though he did not upload them) because they are needed for GPE.
- maemo-wordpy, maemo-periodic, python-gdata, python-flickrapi, mirage, python-gtkhtml2, nicotine, lybniz. They are in extras yet.
- python2.5 + python2.5-dev - Needed to build several python applications. Thanks to Luciano and Lauro.
- python2.5-gtk2 + python2.5-hildon. Without theses packages no hildonized python application will run.
- This page was last modified on 23 August 2008, at 13:57.
- This page has been accessed 28,950 times.