Eclipse integration/Known issues beta1
 Known Issues for Maemo Eclipse Integration Edition 2 Beta 1 release
More detailed known issues lists can be found from Garage projects for each product https://garage.maemo.org/.
 Product baselines
- Fremantle SDK is supported as separate installation e.g. not delivered as default environment with Desktop image, for example.
- Fremantle devices are not officially supported as devices do not exist yet but first unofficial Fremantle packages are available from Fremantle extras-devel repository
- Ubuntu Desktop based Maemo SDK Virtual Image (out-of-the-box ready development environment) will be released couple of days AFTER Eclipse Integration Edition 2 Beta 1 release as it needs to include this Beta 1 release products :)
 Product configuration
- Mac OS X does not yet have support for Linux porting framework like Windows has with Cygwin
- Pluthon does not yet have flasher integration for Windows or Mac OS X as there does not yet exist native Windows and Mac OS X flasher tools
- Maemo SDK ARMEL rootstrap is ment to be used only for cross-compiling and it does not support running or debugging applications
- Diablo 4.1.2 device requires kernel patch from here http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-dev-env-downloads.php to be flashed to the Tablet for USB Networking to work with Windows host PC
- Diablo 4.1.2 device requires hildon-desktop patch to be installed to the Tablet from pc-connectivity Garage repository (see instructions from here http://pc-connectivity.garage.maemo.org/beta1/installation.html) for VNC client to work on host PC
- PyMaemo installation meta packages in Diablo extras repository (
maemo-python-device-env) do not install
python2.5-distutilsas default dependency and thus installation package creation with setup.py may not work (this has been agreed to be fixed by PyMaemo project)
 Maemo Mica plugin framework for Eclipse
- Mica framework implementation will still change somewhat for the next Beta 2 release and because of that stability of Beta 1 release interfaces cannot be quaranteed (actually there WILL be many changes to Mica interfaces for Beta 2)
- Mica developer documentation is not yet in good enough level for developers to start using it as basis for their own maemo plugins
- While debugging Python application automatic termination of debugged program does not work when debugging session ends
 Maemo ESBox plugin for Eclipse
- Launching X server for Diablo and Fremantle require two different X server instances (because of different startup parameters) and this has not been implemented yet
- There may be occasional SDK build problems for C/C++ components with "error: cannot run C compiled programs". It may help to restart Eclipse IDE and run startup and refresh to Scratchbox.
 Maemo Pluthon plugin for Eclipse
- Debian installation packages created on-device do not support uninstallation
 Maemo PC Connectivity
- Mac OS X support is initial for Beta 1 release on functionality and quality point of view. Especially testing on Mac environment has been somewhat limited.
- Configuring connectivity to work between Tablet and host PC after installation is still manual work on host PC side for all supported operating systems
 Maemo SDK Virtual Image
- NetworkManager is being started after Scratchbox, so the
resolv.conffile used by Scratchbox may be invalid which causes network problems
 Integration testing
- Some publically available test suites (for Eclipse components and NFS mounts, for example) are run on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X during integration testing but frameworks and test sets are not yet ready to be published
- Test results (for unit tests and integration tests) for official releases are not yet ready to be published together with products
Feedback can be sent to email@example.com
- This page was last modified on 12 May 2010, at 08:13.
- This page has been accessed 5,890 times.