m (Add categories)
|Line 113:||Line 113:|
* Initial release.
* Initial release.
Revision as of 08:47, 24 May 2013
Hamster Filer is a file manager application for Fremantle written in Qt.
More information on the package can be found...
The latest version can be found in the Devel repository and can be installed using the N900 Application Manager (HAM).
- General operating instructions required.
What can Hamster Filer do?
What does it do?
- Copy, move, link and delete files and folders, including root privileges (restart required)
- Parallel file operations with logging -- do many things at the same time and browse the history (Ctrl+O)
- FileBox-like clipboard (Ctrl+P) with configurable behavior
- Location bar with buttons and path editor (Ctrl+L or press and hold one of the buttons)
- Opening files with default or user-defined applications (enter "application-name %s" in the command field)
- Bookmarks (Ctrl+B)
- Customizable view: hidden files (Ctrl+H), grid/list view (Ctrl+G), a (currently very limited) choice of file details to show, fullscreen view, location bar that can be hidden
- Displaying (but not generating, yet) thumbnails, MIME icons
- Creating empty files and folders
- Sending files via Bluetooth and email
- Multi-selection (Ctrl+S)
Please report bugs to the talk.maemo.org Hamster Filer Announce page.
- debian/control misses Dependency for maemo-optify
- missing bugtracker link
- missing manual/website
- about missing
- help missing (list of shortcuts)
- if path of mp3-file (filename or directory) contains #, it can't be opened with mediaplayer.
FileBox is using replace("#","%2523"); Another special characters causing issues? he link above.
- integrate browsing s/ftp mounts. scp or sftp support (Something like fish:/ in konqueror or dolphin file manager (in kde))
- see files from bluetooth FTP server
- show width and height of images
- show memory usage of partitions
- to show the original directory of symlinked item
- configurable keyboard shortcuts
- Searching capability
- The power to explore the DLNA server such as native file browser would be fine.
- option to edit file associations
- "Share to service" functionality
- multiple instances
True multiple instances (=they do not share clipboard) can be achieved by terminal.
- Recursive set permissions on all files/folders in a folder
- BuildIn support for creating compressed archives.
-With password protection
- BuildIn support for opening zip,tgz,rar,7z...
- Option to "always open that type of file with this app"
- More preinstalled examples for applications
E.g for CLI osso-xterm -e \"nano %s\"
- backspace be mapped to previous folder
- (consistency) Some buttons on the right opens new layer on the window stack (there are that back-button), some opens dialogs. New stacked window-layers can't be fullscreen, so maybe everything could be dialogs?
- "open terminal here" -button (not inside menu 'open with')
- Text "Run as root" -> "Run as root (needs restart)"
- Text "Starting location" -> "make current directory to the starting location"
- Text "create object" -> "Create file or folder"
- PopUpMenu is hard when multiple files selected (there would be space on right for this menu.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License (Version 3+) as published by the Free Software.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
0.6.3-1 (Current Devel)
- Added an option to save the location on exit.
- Fixed misdetection of existing entries when creating a new file/directory.
- Fixed (yeah, again) sharing via Bluetooth.
- Added some error messages to the file details dialog.
- Better recovery from an invalid starting location.
- Reduced the margin in the settings window to avoid horizontall scrolling with wider fonts.
- Scrollbar position is restored after selecting a directory from the location bar or performing an operation which causes the file list to be reloaded.
- Location bar can be shown/hidden without reloading the file list.
- Some example application entries are created on the first run.
- Removed all traces of the menu bar of applications window when opening it in application-launching mode.
- Enabling multi-select clears the selection to prevent selecting an additional item by mistake.
- Loading indicator is shown when opening a directory.
- Fixed sharing via Bluetooth.
- Fixed the location bar scrolling to an outdated button.
- Fixed false overwrite warnings and some other problems when handling multiple directory trees.
- Fixed multi-select button sometimes not being in the proper state after changing location.
- Initial release.