Community Council/Council election Q1/2 2012
The Maemo Community Council will have its next election in May 2012, electing a new council for a 6 month term.
The election page will eventually be available here.
Initially pencilled in for April 2012, the Election was postponed for a month and the nomination period extended for that period.
All deadlines are set at 23:59 UTC.
- March 17: Election announced, nomination period opened 
- April 1: Nomination period extended  
- April 30: Nominations close
- May 1: List of candidates announced
- May 16: Voting opens 
- May 23: Voting closes
- May 25: Results announced 
The election processes are described in detail at Community Council/Election process.
In order to vote, a community member must have had maemo.org account for over 3 months, (a maemo.org account is NOT a talk.maemo.org account) and have karma of 10 or above. Candidates need to have a karma of 100 or higher. List of potential candidates Karma is earned through a variety of mechanisms, but to earn points for contributions on talk.maemo.org, you need to link talk.maemo.org account with maemo.org profile.
Here you will find lists of potential candidates, statements from candidates, and other material related to the May 2012 elections.
The Maemo Community Council elected in May 2012 is as follows:
- Iván Gálvez Junquera / ivgalvez
- Piotr Jawidzyk / Estel
- Craig Woodward / woody14619
- Niel Nielsen / NielDK
- R Bauer / SD69
- This page was last modified on 28 August 2012, at 10:58.
- This page has been accessed 11,689 times.