Community Council/Counting methods
The following referendum is to decide which method will be used to decide winners of Maemo Community Council elections. Three options are proposed: first past the post, single transferable vote and reweighted range voting.
To vote, please visit the voting page.
 Proposed options
The changes mentioned below will be made to items #4 and #5 in the Council election process.
- No change ("first-five-candidates-past-the-post")
- A single transferrable vote system (rank your preferred candidates) [council preferred option]
- Item #4 becomes "Each community member eligible to vote gets a single ballot."
- Item #5 becomes "The 5 nominees voted for most, as counted by a single transferrable vote system are elected."
- This option is preferred by the Maemo Community Council as being easiest to understand and gives a satisfactory outcome.
- A reweighted range voting system (give each candidate a score 0-100)
- None of the above.
- This option allows you to indicate that you think none of the options is satisfactory.
- This page was last modified on 21 April 2009, at 10:11.
- This page has been accessed 5,457 times.