Community Council/Voting rights Q1 2009
The Community Council, after lots of discussion, has proposed to have a referendum on who will have voting rights for the upcoming Maemo Community Council election.
The choices proposed are to maintain the status quo, or to allow anyone with a maemo.org account at some fixed date to vote in the election. The decision of this referendum will only apply to the coming election. The referendum is proposed to take into account some of the shortcomings of the current karma measure.
To vote, please visit the voting page.
 Proposed options
The changes mentioned below will be made to the item #3 in the Council election process for the upcoming Community Council election.
- 25 karma minimum and 3 month old account (status quo)
- Item #3 remains "Only community members who have had maemo.org accounts for over 3 months, and have karma of 25 or above, may vote."
- Karma ignored, anyone with an account for more than 3 months may vote (council preferred option)
- Item #3 becomes "Only community members who have had maemo.org accounts for over 3 months, and have karma of 25 or above, may vote. (Exception for first two elections: community members who have maemo.org accounts for over 3 months may vote - no karma requirement)"
- This option is preferred by the Maemo Community Council to encourage a greater participation and uptake of maemo.org accounts, before the talk.maemo.org transition and launch of the revamped website.
- Neither of the above.
- This option allows you to indicate that you think none of the options is satisfactory.
- This page was last modified on 21 April 2009, at 10:12.
- This page has been accessed 11,358 times.