Cordia is an open, community-led, project to bring Maemo's UI (Hildon Desktop and related components) to the Linux-based distributions other than Maemo.
 Mission Statement
Our mission is to provide a usable and touch-friendly user interface for tablet devices and phones based on the proven Hildon UI. Our target audience is the people who prefer the Maemo UI, and wish to have a better user experience than other current UXes provide. We wish to achieve our goal by the following:
- As necessary, work with GTK+ developers and push required changes upstream
- Merge unofficial Hildon Desktop fixes and improvements scattered around the Maemo community and elsewhere
- Move from GNOME-VFS to GIO
- Allow seamless Qt applications and widgets integration
or, to put it another way:
- As much of the Maemo UI as we can get outside of Maemo.
A script to facilitate installation instructions can be found here:
Discuss at #cordia on FreeNode IRC (irc.freenode.net).
If you wish to contribute to the project, read our mission statement above and see our roadmap (http://codex.xiaoka.com/wiki/cordia:roadmap) for the things we need to get done.
We have a mailing list. To subscribe, send an e-mail to the email@example.com address.
Cordia has been re-based from MeeGo to [Mer]http://www.merproject.org
The first Mer-based alpha release of Cordia for x86 is available at http://cordiahd.org/download/HD/ This is a bootable ISO. Just burn it on CD or put it on the pen-drive and boot it. It gives you options to run LiveCD system, or install to HDD.
- This page was last modified on 13 November 2014, at 21:44.
- This page has been accessed 4,823 times.