| This article documents a developer tool.
A list of available devtools is available, together with installation instructions.
iputils is a small collection of TCP/IP related utilities.
- ping: is already provided on the device by BusyBox and it's a tool
to monitor and test network functionality.
- arping: sends ARP requests to a host.
- tracepath: trace a path to a host discovering MTU along the
way. This is similar to [traceroute], but does not require superuser rights or offer fancy options.
binary: iputils-ping, iputils-arping, iputils-tracepath
 Usage Examples
To test if a host is in the network and responding to ping:
# ping host.name.net
Send four ARP requests to host:
# arping -c 4 host.name.net
Discover the path to www.maemo.org:
# tracepath www.maemo.org
[arping man page](/development/documentation/man_pages/arping.html)
[tracepath man page](/development/documentation/man_pages/tracepath.html)
 See Also
- This page was last modified on 11 March 2010, at 15:11.
- This page has been accessed 2,606 times.