| This article documents a developer tool.
A list of available devtools is available, together with installation instructions.
The sysstat package contains the sar, mpstat, iostat, sadf and sa tools for Linux.
- sar command collects and reports system activity information.
- iostat command reports CPU utilization and I/O statistics for disks.
- mpstat command reports global and per-processor statistics.
- sadf command is used to display data collected by sar in various formats.
The statistics reported by sar concern I/O transfer rates, paging activity, process-related activities, interrupts, network activity, memory and swap space utilization, CPU utilization, kernel activities and TTY statistics, among others.
 Usage Examples
[iostat man page](/development/documentation/man_pages/iostat.html)
[mpstat man page](/development/documentation/man_pages/mpstat.html)
[sa1 man page](/development/documentation/man_pages/sa1.html)
[sa2 man page](/development/documentation/man_pages/sa2.html)
[sadc man page](/development/documentation/man_pages/sadc.html)
[sadf man page](/development/documentation/man_pages/sadf.html)
[sar man page](/development/documentation/man_pages/sar.html)
 See Also
- This page was last modified on 11 March 2010, at 15:23.
- This page has been accessed 1,691 times.