This page is for collecting desired documentation into a most wanted list. If you feel documentation is missing for something, please add it here and include a rough list of ideas on what that document should contain.
 Common tasks and use-cases
Suggestions for APIs or common tasks which need to be documented with code samples, prerequisites, set-up & tear-down. Half way between tutorials and API docs.
Wish-list here - and link to docs when they're created in Documentation#Tasks_and_use-cases.
 General software development
- How to use the GStreamer *dspsinks
 Audio support
- How can I play a sound from withing an application?
- How can I record audio from the microphone?
- How can I play a backing track without affecting performance, power usage or blocking I/O?
 Debugging aid
- How to single-step an application on the device?
- How to debug an application in Scratchbox?
- How to profile a Maemo application on the device?
 Style guidelines
When explaining source code and/or techniques experience has shown that specifying the OS version and hardware can be very useful for users. Something like: "This procedure has been tested on a Nokia 770 with ITOS 3.2006.49-2" saves users time and energy.
Suggestion: Use tagging & categories to tag documentation as verified with an OS release. --Dave Neary 16:49, 2 March 2010 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 2 March 2010, at 16:49.
- This page has been accessed 14,610 times.