Eclipse integration/Known issues beta2
 Known Issues for Maemo Eclipse Integration Edition 2 Beta 1 release
More detailed known issues lists can be found from Garage projects for each product https://garage.maemo.org/.
 Product baselines
- Fremantle SDK is supported as separate installation e.g. not delivered as default environment with Desktop image, for example.
- Fremantle devices are not officially supported as devices do not exist yet but first unofficial Fremantle packages are available from Fremantle extras-devel repository
- Ubuntu Desktop based Maemo SDK Virtual Image (out-of-the-box ready development environment) will not be created for the Beta 2 release but users of old Beta 1 Desktop image are able to upgrade environment to Beta 2 level with these instructions: http://maemovmware.garage.maemo.org/2nd_edition/update_maemo_vm.html
Notice that updating process from Eclipse Update Site (update from beta 1 to beta 2) may not work for some plug-ins
 Product configuration
- Maemo SDK ARMEL rootstrap is ment to be used only for cross-compiling and it does not support running or debugging applications
- Diablo 4.1.2 device requires kernel patch from here http://tablets-dev.nokia.com/maemo-dev-env-downloads.php to be flashed to the Tablet for USB Networking to work with Windows host PC
- Diablo 4.1.2 device requires hildon-desktop patch to be installed to the Tablet from pc-connectivity Garage repository (see instructions from here http://pc-connectivity.garage.maemo.org/beta1/installation.html) for VNC client to work on host PC
 Maemo Mica plugin framework for Eclipse
- While debugging Python application automatic termination of debugged program does not work when debugging session ends
- Automatic installation of OProfiling support to the Maemo device may cause Eclipse to crash if Eclipse cannot find OProfile packages from configured repositories. Add repository
deb http://repository.maemo.org/ diablo/tools freeto the Maemo device and run "sudo apt-get update" manually as workaround.
 Maemo ESBox plugin for Eclipse
- Some of the templates and examples provided by ESBox are not yet ported to Fremantle
 Maemo Pluthon plugin for Eclipse
 Maemo PC Connectivity
- Mac OS X support is still initial for Beta 2 release on functionality and quality point of view. Especially testing on Mac environment has been somewhat limited.
- Configuring connectivity to work between Maemo device and host PC after installation is still partly manual work on host PC side for all supported operating systems
- When creating a project and setting sbrsh as download method quite often errors like "sbrsh server: fuse: bad mount point " and "sbrsh server: Can't mount to point:" happens. As a workaround you need to restart sbrshd (on Maemo device side) and restart Esbox (on host PC side)
 Maemo SDK Virtual Image
- NetworkManager is being started after Scratchbox, so the
resolv.conffile used by Scratchbox may be invalid which causes network problems
 Maemo Flasher-3.5 Tool
- Flasher-3.5 beta tool may have problems in some Windows host PC configurations to flash eMMC images properly. Workaround is to retry with another USB port in host PC or use Linux/Mac for eMMC flashing
 Integration testing
- Some publically available test suites (for Eclipse components and NFS mounts, for example) are run on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X during integration testing but frameworks and test sets are not yet ready to be published
- Test results (for unit tests and integration tests) for official releases are not yet ready to be published together with products
Feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- This page was last modified on 12 May 2010, at 08:16.
- This page has been accessed 3,917 times.