Brussels, 7-8 February 2009 About Fosdem - http://fosdem.org
 Recommended sessions
With a topic and/or a speaker somehow related to Maemo (add your own choices):
- Embedded Developer Room contains several sessions, some of them about Maemo or closely related topics:
- Development on the Openmoko with hackable:1 by Pierre Pronchery. Know your neighbours!
- Maemo on BeagleBoard by Juha Kallioinen (who happens to work at Maemo SW).
- Advanced powermanagement for OMAP3 by Peter De Schrijver (who happens to work at Maemo SW).
- Emdebian 1.0 release - small & super small Debian by Neil Williams.
- Embedded Devroom wrap-up & feedback session by Philippe De Swert (who happens to work at Maemo SW).
- The Hynerian Empire by Zeeshan Ali (who happens to work at Maemo SW). Know about Rygel, the UPnP server planned to be included in Harmattan.
- KOffice 2.0: KOffice coming to KDE4 by Marijn Kruisselbrink, author of the Maemo port.
- Tracker by Philip Van Hoof, involved in the Fremantle implementation.
- Putting Cross Development Support into (OpenSUSE) OBS by Martin Mohring. See Build maemo-apps with openSUSE BuildService ? - It works !
- Jalimo: Cross-compiling OpenJDK using IcedTea and OpenEmbedded, by Robert Schuster (who knows a lot about Java & Maemo)
- Upstart, by Scott James Remnant. Know more about the tool that boots Fremantle.
- WebKit on ebook readers by Marco Barisione, who knows about WebKit and Maemo.
- Mobile/Fennec and Embedding by Mark Finkle.
Please keep the list in alphabetical order by first name.
|Name||Nick||Friday Beer Event ?||Maemo Dinner ?|
|Andre Klapper||andre__||Don't know yet (late arrival)||Yes|
|Jeremiah Foster||jeremiah||Yes, but will be late-ish||Yes|
|Juha Kallioinen||kaltsi||Arriving on Saturday||Yes|
|Marc-Andre Lureau||elmarco||Probably not||maybe|
|Marc Ordinas i Llopis||marcoil||Yes||Yes|
|Marijn Kruisselbrink||Mek||Yes||Probably not|
 Dinner, anyone?
We have booked a big table for SATURDAY at 20h
Restaurant Au Boeuf qui Rit 32 Rue des Bouchers (the little street with plenty of seafood restaurants) 1000 Brussels 02.512.95.45
This one has been choosed because it has the big table and also options for fish, meat and I some vegetarian too. (also I had 5 minutes to find the place and run to FOSDEM) :)
Some of us will meet at 19:15 at the main FOSDEM entrance. Otherwise you can just be there on time.
There is a GNOME Beer Event starting at 19h30 i La Porte Noire - Rue Alexiens, 67 (in the center, near the restaurant as well). It will last till late, GNOME sources say.
Add yourself to the list. We have made a reservation "for about 20 people" and a few more would fit if needed.
- Kees Jongenburger
- pierlux (maybe)
- marcoil (maybe)
- lma (+1, in case reservation needed)
- jeremiah [Please note I will be in the debian dev room announcing speakers until 19:00 at least.]
- This page was last modified on 30 November 2009, at 11:53.
- This page has been accessed 32,194 times.