Mentors are a crucial part for a good Summer of Code organization, without a good number of motivated mentors we are unable to do a good Summer of Code for the Maemo community.
 How to become a mentor
In order to become a mentor, you must have done some contributions for the open source community in general, you can be a Maemo community person, or you can be from other communities that produce software that Maemo use (eg. Gnome, BlueZ, Telepathy, Mozilla, etc.). People that develop project to Maemo (eg. Maemo mapper, liqbase, gpodder,...) are encouraged to become mentors, proposing also ideas for their project.
To become a mentor you only need to show your interest in participating in GSoC, send a mail to vdv100 at gmail dot com, with your name, maemo.org nickname (if you have one), your areas of expertise, if you participated in the past in GSoC as a mentor or student send informations about your participation too.
If you have some project ideas just add them to the ideas page.
 Mentor expectations
- Mentors are expected to spend some time with their students, the mentors should respond to the students questions as quickly as possible;
- Mentors are expected to be patient with their students, keep the students on the project schedule and motivating the student when difficulties arise;
- Mentors are expected to know, at any time, the current status of the projects of their assigned students.
 Benefits of GSoC for Mentors
- Chance to help the Maemo Community and the projects around Maemo;
- Get some student labor in your "pet" projects;
- Receive some goodies (Book, t-shirt);
- Receive some money;
 Mentor resources
Note: Before add your name to this list, make sure you read this.
- Carsten Munk (stskeeps) - C/C++/Java/Python/packaging
- David Huggins-Daines (dhd) - C/Python/GStreamer/PocketSphinx/Speech Synthesis and Recognition
- Ed Page (epage) - Linux/Python/PyGTK/python-dbus/telepathy-python/telepathy spec
- Eduardo Lima (Etrunko) - UI/C/Python/EFL/Canola
- Frederico Schardong (frede) - UI/C/GTK+/PHP/JAVA/Web
- Florian Boor (florian) - UI/C/GTK+/Hildon/Framework/Kernel
- Gustavo Lima Chaves (glima) - C/Python/EFL
- Henri Bergius (bergie) - Midgard/Python/GeoClue
- Ivan Frade (ifrade) - Tracker
- Luís Felipe Strano Moraes (lfelipe) - C/Python/EFL
- Mani Chandrasekar (maninc) - C++/Qt/f-office
- Mohammad Anwari (mdamt) - Harmattan text input method framework
- Olivier Crete (Tester) - GStreamer/VoIP/Telephony
- Robin Burchell (Robin Burchell) - UI/C/C++/Python
- Sivan Greenberg (sivang) - Python/PyGTK/PySide/Call Filter and notes
- Thomas Perl (thp) - UI/Python/C++/C/GTK+/Hildon/Qt/Web
- Valério Valério (vdvsx) - Qt/EFL/Python/C++/Bluetooth/UI
- Yan Li (yanli) - MeeGo distro/OS/GNOME/X.org/C/C++/AI
- Zaheer Abbas Merali (zaheerm) - GStreamer/Python/C
- Zeeshan Ali (zeenix) - GUPnP/Rygel
 Backup Mentors
- This page was last modified on 8 March 2011, at 18:03.
- This page has been accessed 16,715 times.