|Mer is back : Please visit http://www.merproject.org to learn more about this news.|
- 770 port:
- problems with sapwood and may not work from first startup. Grab a USB cable and use rescue mode to apt-get update && apt-get upgrade
- no wifi yet?
- All images of the same target share same openssh server keys
- jffs2 + kernel mix for N8x0 is untested
- root password is not set for you or asked in the first boot wizard, in the tar.gz images. YOU NEED TO SET THIS BEFORE BOOT OR HAL WILL PROBABLY NOT WORK
- Bootmenu does not play well with clone-to-SD systems. You will have to make a bootmenu item yourself (ask on #maemo about this)
- NetworkManager is broken in .vdi image, dhclient eth0 in it
- Advanced mode is a bit funky once in a while and creates bad bootmenu items.
- Sometimes after updates the touchscreen of the tables stop working or isn't calibrated, this is because the 'xserver-xorg-input-synaptics' package are installed, to fix it do "xserver-xorg-input-synaptics" in a terminal.
If you want to try it out on N8x0, use the installer.
- There is -no- warranty. This may blow up your MMC, steal your wife or cause doomsday to come around. But if you find some bugs, please report them on bugs.maemo.org and we'll try to see what we can do to fix the bug causing it.
- If anything goes wrong, grab a USB cable, and rescue mode is done through holding down Home key when booting Mer.
 Generic x86 - tar.gz image
- Generic X86 tar.gz rootfs image. Usable both for chroot and actually installing on a machine.
 Installation (chroot)
mkdir mer-0.6 cd mer-0.6 && sudo tar xzf mer-x86-generic-image-v0.6.tar.gz sudo mkdir -p tmp/.X11-unix home/$USER/.osso sudo mv usr/bin/maemo-invoker usr/bin/maemo-invoker.real echo -e '#!/bin/sh\nPROG="$1"\nshift\nexec "$PROG" "$@"' | sudo tee usr/bin/maemo-invoker sudo chmod 755 usr/bin/maemo-invoker echo 'assume-connection 1' | sudo tee home/$USER/.osso/hildon-application-manager echo 'nameserver <mynameresolver>' | sudo tee -a etc/resolv.conf
 Start-up (from within mer-0.6 directory)
Xephyr :2 -host-cursor -screen 800x480x16 -dpi 96 -ac -extension Composite 2>/dev/null 1>&2 & sudo mount --bind /tmp/.X11-unix tmp/.X11-unix sudo mount --bind /dev/pts dev/pts sudo mount -t proc proc proc sudo mount -t sysfs sysfs sys sudo chroot . export DISPLAY=:2.0 /etc/init.d/dbus start start-hildon
 VirtualBox x86 - VDI image
- VirtualBox VDI image (500mb zipped, 1.2Gb after extraction, beware) [md5sum 8c142b2bc4670a6644e85ec3806096ee]
- Unzip zip file
- Open VirtualBox, create new machine (click *New*):
- Name: Mer 0.6
- OS type: Linux
- Version: Ubuntu
- RAM: 128 at least.
- Disk: click "existing", find the Mer 0.6.vdi file, select, select
- Start machine.
- Root password is 'rootme'
 Nokia 770 - tar.gz image
 Nokia N8x0 - Installer files (simple)
- Install Bootmenu SVN for N8x0, needed to boot from MMC. After installing that, open the main menu and tap Utilities -> Install Bootmenu to start the bootmenu install process. First, say yes to removing "unneeded extra (and factory testing) stuff", say yes to including bootmenu.conf (important). Reboot when done flashing. This is a special boot menu where boot menu items are made in /etc/bootmenu.d/*.item and refresh_bootmenu.d will flash this to initfs. If you are cloning or booting other OS'es, you'll need to make such .item files]
- Nokia N8x0 (armel) tar.gz installer (use simple mode), Install second and then in Utilities -> Install Mer (Make sure you have the extras-devel repository installed - http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/)
- Nokia N8x0 (armel) installer source code (not needed)
 Nokia N8x0 - Flashable image (untested)
 Nokia N8x0 - tar.gz image
- This page was last modified on 9 December 2011, at 01:07.
- This page has been accessed 8,020 times.