Originally announced October 17th, 2007. As for hardware specs, it is similar to its predecessor, the Nokia N800. The differences are that it has 2 GB of storage memory, a daylight readable screen, a non-rotating camera on the face of the device, and a back-lit sliding keyboard. It also has an ambient light sensor to automatically adjust backlight levels based on the amount of light, as well as integrated GPS (A-GPS is used in Diablo) and a single miniSDHC card slot.
An additional variant introduced in 2008 is the WiMax edition.
 Hardware Details
 OMAP2420 System-on-a-Chip
This is the heart of the N810.
The OMAP2420 includes an integrated ARM1136 processor (400 MHz), a TI TMS320C55x™DSP (220 MHz), 2D/3D graphics accelerator (the 3D accelerator is not used in official firmware but there is an alpha-quality driver available), imaging and video accelerator, high-performance system interconnects and industry-standard peripherals.
- Product Homepage: http://focus.ti.com/general/docs/wtbu/wtbuproductcontent.tsp?contentId=4671&navigationId=11990&templateId=6123
 TSL2563 Ambient Light Sensor
Main article: N810 light meter
This is an I2C-attached light-to-digital converter
- used to estimate the ambient light level
- Datasheet: http://news.thomasnet.com/pdf/478523.pdf
- I2C slave address: 0x29
 TLV320AIC33 Audio Codec
This is an I2C-attached stereo audio codec
- Product Homepage: http://focus.ti.com/docs/prod/folders/print/tlv320aic33.html
- Datasheet: http://www.ti.com/lit/gpn/tlv320aic33
- I2C slave address: 0x18
 LP5521 LED controller
This is an I2C-attached programmable LED controller.
- Datasheet: http://www.national.com/ds/LP/LP5521.pdf
- I2C slave address: 0x32
 TMC825x CMOS sensor
This is the CMOS camera sensor. It is Attached to the OMAP2 camera interface (video data) and I2C (control).
- I2C slave address: 0x3d
 LM8323 Keyboard
This is the keyboard controller.
- I2C slave address: 0x45
|Nokia Internet Tablets|
|770 · N800 · N810 (WME) · N900|
- This page was last modified on 18 January 2011, at 11:18.
- This page has been accessed 23,429 times.