Sleeper is a widget for the Maemo desktop which allows your N900 to pause the music player (or the Panucci audiobook player) after a defined amount of time (e.g. 15 minutes). It's handy when listening to music while falling asleep.
New features in Sleeper 1.0 (not yet in Maemo Extras, see Sleeper in Maemo Extras):
- Vertical or horizontal bar with configurable minute values
- Optional widget icon for easy purpose recognition
- Optional information banners (you know, the yellow ones)
Discussion takes place over at talk.maemo.org:
If the widget doesn't show after installation, please reboot the device and add it again (through the Desktop Edit mode > Add Widget)
- Main author: Tom Waelti (initial version, extensive settings)
- Contributors: Thomas Perl (Panucci integration, refactoring)
- Thanks to Brent Chiodo, the author of TouchSearch for the nice code for widget settings - saved me HOURS :-)
The current changelog is available through the package viewer.
- 1.2.0: Added FM Radio support by tpl/pycage. Added volume fade out. Now with shutdown option
- 1.1.0: Added Panucci support by thp. Now fully configurable through settings dialogue. Using Help/About/Donate framework.
- 1.0: Merged with work from thp, fully configurable through settings dialog. Online help. Donation button.
- 0.2.x: Unofficial versions by thp, inclusion of Panucci support, refactoring. (only published as .debs)
- 0.2.0: Now able to display/toggle state and abort timer
- 0.1.0: Initial release
- Add support for other media players if they are accessible through D-Bus
Use this space to add possible feature wishes:
- WISH (YOUR NAME)
Shutdown the N900 (twaelti)
Fade out the volume before pausing thp)
- Add support for MediaBox (thp, see the headphoned source)
- Add possibility to shutdown/close the player (xmartx)
Use this paragraph to report possible bugs:
- the play button from the media player widget doesn't work with sleeper installed. it says that the audio is used by another program. after uninstall sleeper works fine
- I had defined multiple times like 1,3,5,10,15,20,30,45,60 in vertical mode and when I tried to change the times back to 15,30,45 I am unable to see the settings button.
Use this space for submitting patches to Sleeper (twaelti will hopefully integrate them in one of the next releases, if the patch fits the goals of the Sleeper project):
Support for stopping FM Radio by thp (D-Bus support in FM Radio's SVN)Integrated in 1.2.0
- This page was last modified on 9 December 2010, at 13:07.
- This page has been accessed 18,362 times.