Installing Stargus on Nokia N900
INSTALL.EXEfrom the original Starcraft I CD to phone directory
/home/user/MyDocs/Starcraft(Connect phone to computer in mass storage mode and copy files to Starcraft directory). Note: Broodwar does not work
- Install Stargus from Hildon Application Manager or via apt-get
- During Stargus installation, data files from
/home/user/MyDocs/Starcraftwill be automatically extracted. Note that this process may take 15-30 minutes and the installer may not respond during this time.
- After installation, Stargus can be run from the application menu.
See the talk.maemo.org thread http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=904603 for discussion.
 Installing Stargus on Nokia N800 (Diablo)
- Download Stargus: Linux - Windows
- Put your Starcraft CD in.
- Install Stargus and when you are asked, select the CD-Rom drive.
- Exit Stargus and go to the directory where Stargus was installed (C:\Program Files\Stargus)
- Copy the CONTENT of the Data directory to your memory card to media\mmc1\games\stratagus\stargus
- Next you have to download this file: Stratagus deb file
- Copy this file to the root directory of your external memory card
- running the .deb from the file manager should work
- otherwise, Open X-Terminal and type in the following as root, pressing enter after each line:
cd .. cd .. cd media/mmc1/ dpkg -i stratagus-0.1-4_armel.deb
Once installed, the shortcut created in the application menu will not work, use this code in X-terminal instead:
stratagus -v 2 -d /media/mmc1/games/stratagus/stargus
- Be very careful with your spelling of stratagus/stargus, it will save you a lot of frustration. Copy-and-pasting into X-term is preferable.
- You may see an error stating that preferences.lua cannot be loaded or found. ignore this. Stargus should still start and after editing settings you won't see that message again.
- Stargus may not initially start in full screen. but this is okay, you simply need to goto settings within stargus and tick "full screen." don't change the display size.
- You can create a custom shortcut, using the X-term code above, in the wonderful application Personal Menu by Andrew Olmsted
- Credit goes to linman who has ported Stratagus for Maemo and the Stargus team.
- Stargus project page
- This page was last modified on 21 February 2011, at 09:02.
- This page has been accessed 11,317 times.