Talk:Documentation/Maemo 5 Final SDK Installation
It strikes me that what is referred to in this page as "Manual installation" seems more automated than the regular instructions of downloading the .sh files and so on. Does anyone object if I rename that section to "Installing using your package manager" and move it closer near the top so people see that first before latching on to the .sh based installation instructions? josefdk 04:39, 12 October 2009 (UTC)
I installed using the .sh files but the manual install section looks more complicated to me. There are more steps and more complicated commands for each step. --equim 22:55, 6 November 2009 (UTC)
My experiences when going through this guide (using the .sh files, Ubuntu 9.04 32-bit):
- The scratchbox install script required VDSO to be disabled (the "If you are not able to login, take a look at the limitations of Scratchbox." line should perhaps be copied to this step)
- Adding the deb line for the nokia binary packages to /etc/apt/sources.list with nano seemed to hard wrap the line to the screen which meant "apt-get update" gave an error. I used vim to add the line instead which worked fine.
- Installing the binary packages with "fakeroot apt-get install nokia-binaries nokia-apps" failed near the end with "connection reset by peer". It did this for both targets but re-running the same command allowed it to complete.
--equim 22:43, 6 November 2009 (UTC)
you need to patch the nstaller not only for non-debians -- even on debian it installs to /scratchbox, not /opt/ (neither does it ask -- but seeing what nokia did to the linux/debian on the n900 and the discouraging and useless complexity of the sdk i don't really wonder anymore about all this nonsense and bad usability). btw: it's not really clear, why "Also you must uncheck Xephyr checkbox and install it manually." is written above the code boxes for the installer and _where_ to uncheck xephyr actually, the installer only talks about the desktop icons,
Installer on Ubuntu LTS 10.04
I found that this step from the shell script instructions was necessary on my Ubuntu LTS 10.04 using the installer.
$ sudo su $ echo "vm.mmap_min_addr = 0" >> /etc/sysctl.conf $ sysctl -p $ exit #to go back to user
- This page was last modified on 14 September 2012, at 12:44.
- This page has been accessed 1,897 times.