| This article is continued discussion from the Maemo brainstorm 2010
Please see the Brainstorm 2010 agenda for more.
What processes can be put in place to ensure high quality wiki content? What documentation is needed? How should it be organised?
- Fix maemo.org search (ChoMar)
- Organise Maemo documentation better across versions (Jaffa)
- Example for Python docs:
- Maemo 3 had Python documentation, but the canonical place for that now is the wiki ([s]http://pymaemo.garage.maemo.org/[s])
- Maemo 4 had lots of PDF documentation so isn't easy to search
- Maemo 5 has docs spread across the wiki (both current and archive), Forum Nokia tutorials and the Info Center.
- Difficult to know whether wiki content is valid or not for a given OS. Need to make it clear which versions a Wiki page applies to (juise-)
- Prepare Style guidelines - a set of rules for creating pages eg. a Q&A page should be different from an API page. But every Q&A page should look the same. (other styles: About (something, eg. history about N900), Tutorial, Summary page, Application description/use etc. (Robb)
- Appoint Style maintainer (auditor) - someone(/or group) who maintains the styles and assess pages for readibility (Robb)
- See Wiki gardeners
- Category + summary pages - need to organize a bit, to reach useful pages. (Robb)
- Suggestions welcome at wiki gardeners
- This page was last modified on 24 May 2010, at 16:30.
- This page has been accessed 1,447 times.