This Page is a compilation of wishes from the Maemo community, this info was compiled from several threads on talk.maemo.org. You can add your own wishes directly in this list
This list aims to be simple, in order to help new Maemo developers/members get ideas/features needed by the community and also to show to Nokia, the community desires.
 Form factor and components
- A Xenon Flash
- A separate battery door
- Direct access to Memory card
- Digital compass
Main article: Applications you wish were ported from other platforms
- SIP Client - A true SIP client that connects to any server I want and does not go through any fixed proxy like gizmo does.
- Vibration when the communication is done to avoid to have the phone close to your head while it connect to the network.
- A roaming icon (triangle) in the status bar to know that you are in roaming.
- A way to force the phone to check, while in roaming, if the native operator is available.
- Video calls
- Built-in editable profiles (silent, meeting, etc.)
- Timed profiles
- Predictive dialer
- Working Twitter plugin for Conversations - Thread on Maemo.org
- Useful and working email client (pop, imap) with control over maximum email size to load, text/html formatting, attachment control (only load when necessary), multi-line display in overview, landscape/portrait mode etc... so just something that you can USE!
- Offline tools - flickr uploader, Gmail, Blogger and RSS
- WAP sites access
- Being able to put bookmarks in alphabetical order
- Being able to "click to call" when you see a phone number in the browser and dial direct from the phone (ie: not through voip or skype)
- Rewrapping of text when viewing pages ("optimized view") so that you can scale fonts without scrolling sideways
- A LinkedIn application
- Audiobook player with automatic bookmarking and playlist capability - see http://panucci.garage.maemo.org/
- Canola - FM radio, and better internet radio support in Canola (mediaplayer is far better, but far uglier!)
- Music player with minilyrics support (.lrc files), showing the lyrics in full screen size, with options about size and colors.
- Media Player - Better media player / internet radio app that plays ogg, wma, and he-aac, and doesn't corrupt the library when it feels like.
- Control Media Player with the headset button (click to pause, double click to next track, long click, triple click and so on).
- Music Player (default) - Support for in app metadata editing, repeat option for a single song in a playlist and a option to select view song lyrics by pressing on the artwork section.
- A beautiful widget showing hour, date and current local weather as the main HTC sense page.
- One showing the time left until next alarm.
- New song lyric replacement (replaces the now unsupported TuneWiki Lyrics Widget)
- Hard or soft reset
- Bluetooth HFP - Discussion on ITT
- Bluetooth rSAP
- Bluetooth A2DP profile
- Better support for right-to-left languages, such as Arabic and Hebrew.
- Unionfs support built into the kernel (So users don't have to flash initfs and boot from SD, or make symlinks gone wild, just to install a few extra apps)
- More intuitive copy and paste
- Like the Apple Newton, for example
- Phone buttons (green/red)...
- Make use of the camera as a 3D scanner by using this guys work as a starting point: http://mi.eng.cam.ac.uk/~qp202/
 Application enhancement
 Calendar and ToDo List
- A PIM system that can be tied into by developers, to provide PC synchronization etc.
- An equivalent to telepathy for calendar, contact list and tasks: A well integrated framework (with binding for many languages such as Python).
- Possibly related to and syncable between Nokia phone models - as well as online. PIM data should be available everywhere.
- PIM synchronization with Outlook (you may not be a fan of Outlook but that's what businesses need)
- Add more fields to the address book: Actual address, Birthday,....
- Global sync-software
- Birthday could display age
- Calendar sync with Thunderbird
- Search for emails and calendar
- An easy way to copy text from email content
- Ability to open email attachments
- multi-line display (sender, subject)
- configurable fonts
- less "show" more "content" when composing emails (hard to read and compose!)
- configurable download quantity (how many kb to download of each mail, no attachment download)
- similar features for imap and pop
- offline imap
- more control about autocheck time (day of the week, timeframe within checking)
- SMS writing via numeric keypad
- Portrait SMS
- See VertSMS
- Voice Tags/dialling for contacts for use in the car
- Contacts synchronisation via Gmail or Ovi
- Contact groups and different ring tones per contact/group
- Contact calling, name tag read out by phone
- Search/sort by company, first name, last name, phone, adress etc.
- correlate contact(s) to events
- This page was last modified on 25 June 2011, at 11:53.
- This page has been accessed 39,692 times.