FOSDEM is a yearly free and non-commercial event in Brussels, from February 5th till February 7th 2010. It's organized by the community, for the community. Its goal is to provide free and open source developers a place to meet. This page is to coordinate Maemo participation. See also the Maemo activity on FOSDEM 2009
Join the Talk discussion thread
There will be Maemo content in several different tracks this year, reflecting the nature of the project as both a contributor to upstream projects and an entire distribution.
Here you will find information about Maemo content in each of the tracks.
- Maemo 6 security framework, making happy DRM business and freedom lovers with the same device: Elena Reshetova
- Saturday 14:00 - 14:45
- Room: Chavanne
The biggest contingent of Maemo-related content will be in the Embedded track.
- The embedded/mobile room is the place to be for people with an interest in everything small, hidden, with different CPU's and/or a gadget or mobile device.
Here we discuss and present things like hacking your phone, PDA or router and everything about cross-compiling. The people that gather here are usually doing tons of cool stuff with small low-powered devices, from playing music to controlling big and complex systems.
Maemo related content:
- SeriesFinale, a TV show tracker for Maemo 5: Joaquim Rocha
- Sunday 10:30 - 11:00
- Ofono and how to use the Nokia modem plugin: Aki Niemi
- Sunday 11:30 - 12:00
- ARM and DSP talking to each other in OMAP3: the dspbridge: Víctor Manuel Jáquez Leal
- Sunday 16:00 - 17:00
Maemo related content
- GUPnP & Rygel: Liberating Digital Living: Zeeshan Ali
- Sunday 10:15 - 11:00
- SyncML: Patrick Ohly
- Sunday 15:15 - 16:00
- H.1302 / H.1308
- The FOSDEM organisers want to push the envelope of their mission even further by organizing something along the lines of a "distribution summit" during FOSDEM 2010.
- The idea is that rather than having several distributions with their own respective and individual Developer Room, we will host mixed conference rooms where talks and sessions will be organized by topic, with contributors from all distributions attending and participating. Any linux distribution can participate.
Maemo related content
- The Maemo Council: A case study in governance: Dave Neary
- Saturday 14:00 - 14:45 H.1308
- Mobile distributions and upstream challenges
- Saturday 16:45 - 17:30 H.1308
- Working with GNOME upstream: Vincent Untz
- A workshop on what can be done to make it easier to work with upstream projects like GNOME
- Saturday 17.30 - 18.15 H.1302
Maemo related content
- Polishing X11 and making it shiny: Daniel Stone
- Sunday 13:00 - 13:45
- Firefox Mobile: Mark Finkle
- Sunday 11:15 - 12:30
 Saturday evening
Unless anyone has a better idea, let's meet up in la Porte Noir from 19h30 on (or later), where the GNOME hackers are meeting. Apparently they have a great collection of beers. Address: La Porte Noir, 67 rue des Alexiens, Bruxelles
Please keep the list in alphabetical order by first name.
|Name||Nick||Attendance||Friday Beer Event?||Maemo Dinner?||More?|
|Andre Klapper||andre||Yeah||Sure||I'd love to|
|Arnim Sauerbier||arnims||Confirmed||Yes||Yes||Hanging out in Aachen|
|Asbjørn Sloth Tønnesen||asbjornit||Confirmed||Sure||No||Will bring N900|
|Chris Phillips||chrisp7||Possibly, depends on costs/time off||If Im going, definitely||ditto|
|Dave Neary||dneary||Yes||No||Yup||Flying with Easyjet, arriving around 10pm Friday.|
|Gerard Braad||gbraad||Planned, not confirmed||?||Probably|
|Jeremiah C. Foster||Jeremiah||Confirmed||Most likely will show up, won't get drunk though.||Let's make this happen. :)|
|Kasper Souren||guaka||Definitely.||Likely||Possibly||can host!|
|Marcin Juszkiewicz||hrw||Confirmed||Yes||Rather not||Catch me at OpenEmbedded stand|
|Martin Dengler||mtd||Confirmed||Yes||Yes||Will bring N900|
|Mustali Dalal||archebyte||Confirmed||Yes||Yes||Will bring my N900|
|Peter De Schrijver||p2mate||Confirmed||Yes||Maybe|
 Other useful information
- Mobile Vikings offers prepaid Belgian SIM cards with 1 GB data, 1000 SMS messages and 60 minutes calling for 15 euro (if porting number, else the card costs 15 euro in addition to the minimum top-up of 15 euro to get data/sms offer)
-  Bicycle Rental opportunities (weather permitting)
- This page was last modified on 10 December 2011, at 23:07.
- This page has been accessed 39,774 times.