Miniature/0.3 Berlin Defence
This is the first release of Miniature for MeeGo Harmattan which is, in fact, a total restart from the Miniature project born with Maemo 5 and the N900.
Miniature won't play games yet, but it provides a fully featured user experience and a backend with its foundations in place. We are looking for a new breed of testers and developers and we couldn't wait to share the good stuff that is being cooked. You can find screenshots and more at http://wiki.maemo.org/Miniature
BERLIN DEFENCE RELEASE FEATURES
- Log in to http://freechess.org aka FICS as guest or registered user.
- See a real time list of game challenges at FICS.
- UI demo: select and confirm game challenges.
- UI demo: filter game challenges by chess variant, time, increment and rating type.
- UI demo: create a new game seek.
- UI demo: chess board with movable pieces.
- UI demo: expandable chat area.
- UI demo: possibility to resign, propose a draw, request to adjourn.
The full backlog is available at https://gitorious.org/miniature/miniature/commits/master
You can run Miniature on the Nokia N950 and N9. Just tap this link from the browser in your device:
Alternatively, you can use the Qt SDK or the Harmattan Platform SDK emulators. See http://wiki.maemo.org/Miniature/Development#SDK_instructions
Casual feedback is welcome at the MeeGo forum thread or the developer mailing list. You can find us as well in #miniature on irc.freenode.net
Bug reports can be filed at http://bit.ly/o7m9Hp
If you love chess, freedom and mobile devices then the Miniature project is for you! Check our Wishlist and Development pages:
- This page was last modified on 24 August 2011, at 01:55.
- This page has been accessed 2,537 times.