N900 Hardware Chipset
The chip known as 'Gaia' in the schematics is the companion chip to the processor.
The TWL5030B is the companion chip to the CPU. It can be seen in  and has USB PHY, power management and audio codec. It is also known as the TPS65950.
A datasheet for the TIs TPS65950 is at TIs website.
The TPS65950 contains:
- Power management
- Several regulators - switched mode and LDO.
- Audio codec
- Five DACs, two ADCs
- Several power amplifiers.
- Microphone amplifiers
- USB transceiver
- Highspeed OTG compatible with integrated charge pump, and carkit support, designed for direct connection to the CPU. (not used in N900)
- an ac/USB charger
- LED drivers
- ADC can measure both input voltages to device, or voltages connected externally.
- This can support switches, keypads, ...
It is connected to the I2C bus.
- This page was last modified on 10 June 2010, at 09:34.
- This page has been accessed 3,592 times.