| This article is out-of-date, and needs to be updated.
Please see the talk page for discussion.
Warning: It is necessary to remove ALL applications that depends on Python2.4 BEFORE you remove python2.4-runtime. This is necessary to ensure that all python2.4 packages will be correctly removed.
Follow these steps:
- 1. Open the Application manager (in Tools menu).
- 2. Open its Application catalogue (inside Tools, on the application's menu).
- 3. Add the following repositories:
Name: Maemo Web address: http://repository.maemo.org Distribution: bora Components: free non-free
Name: Maemo Extras Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras Distribution: bora Components: free non-free
- 4. Refresh package list.
- 5. Install python2.5-runtime package, which will automatically pull all available Python bindings, but not the development packages.
Note that if you're using Maemo 2.x series you have to replace bora by the appropriate distribution name. Either scirocco (2.1) or gregale (2.2).
 Development Packages
To be able to develop and applications using the device it's necessary to install python2.5-dev package. The steps to do this are decribed below:
Open a xterm session. Inside this session run:
Now install the package using apt-get utility:
apt-get install python2.5-dev
And finally exit from gainroot:
- This page was last modified on 23 June 2010, at 13:36.
- This page has been accessed 2,459 times.