Talk:Objective:Best community for mobile Linux innovation
 Becoming the best-in-class community for innovation on mobile devices running Linux
Moved from 2010 Agenda
What does it take to become the de-facto community to innovate open source for Linux-based devices? Obviously, we are not alone when it comes to development on Linux on mobile devices. Development communities for Android platform and LIMO platform are likely to grow in the next 2 years. So, how do we ensure that we keep on getting the greatest brains to our community? Only through continuous growth and fresh community members from around the globe we can ensure that we get new ideas and new challenges from which we all can learn. Only through continuous learning we can create better software and better user experiences.
So again, what does it take to be a major force in open source for Linux-based mobile devices?
- a vision, a strategy, and mid-term objectives for the community
- clear and transparent rules of engagement and recognition of contributions in the community
- a virtual meeting place i.e. maemo.org but also community events for people to meet in person
- a powerful core operating system incorporating the latest versions of open source upstream projects
- best-in-class open devices for rapid prototyping on latest hardware
- easy to use tools to create, prototype, and rewrite applications on top of the SDKs
- tools for contributors to software "below" the SDK to prototype and publish enhancements
- strong ties with the other open source community projects
- deep understanding of consumer behavior, preferences, and consumer trends in different cultures
- a mechanism on how to deliver software from open source innovation to millions of consumers
- based on a truly international point of view in design of device and software platform as well as community construction, internet communication is global rather than restricted in local region.
But at the end of the day, it's all about people, relationships and networks. The community needs to be able to maintain and extend the network between the people in an efficient, fair, and transparent way.
Only when we have in our maemo.org agenda 2010 answers on how maemo.org can contribute to these above mentioned requirements, then we can succeed to bring open source innovation to millions of people across the globe and change their lives.--peterschneider 10:03, 30 May 2008 (UTC)
- Something like this is a good start to define the vision and core objectives of this 2010 Agenda. This is where the strategic minds in the community should think big and deep to set the scope and goals they wish for maemo.org.--qgil 09:49, 2 June 2008 (UTC)
http://acheter-cialis-generique.org/ cialis acheter http://acquistareviagragenerico.net/ compra viagra in italia http://achetercialisgenerique-fr.net/ cialis medicament http://acquistare-cialis-generico.net/ cialis http://cialiscomprargenerico.net/ cialis http://acquistare-viagra-italia.net/ comprare viagra online
- This page was last modified on 10 August 2012, at 17:25.
- This page has been accessed 3,507 times.