GSoC 2009/Projects/BitTorrent plugin for Canola
 BitTorrent plugin for Canola - GSoC 2009 Project
- Student: Lauri Võsandi
- Mentor: Luis Felipe Strano Moraes
- Repository: http://gitorious.org/canola-bittorrent-plugin
The purpose of this project is to develop a BitTorrent plugin for Canola2.
- Browse RSS feeds of several (legal) torrent sites. Includes detailed view of feed entry
- Allow seaching torrent sites: The Pirate Bay, Mininova and LegalTorrents
- Download torrents using built-in BitTorrent 3. Includes detailed view of download
- Download torrents using locally running Transmission via JSON RPC interface
- Manage torrent downloads on remote Transmission instance
- Allows accessing password protected remote instances of Transmission via standard URL format: http://user:pass@host:9091
- Respects your Canola settings of download folder
- Allows adding, modifying, deleting and renaming RSS feeds
- Allows adding, modifying, deleting and renaming Transmission hosts
- Make possible to choose between built-in BitTorrent engine and running Transmission for local downloads
- Consistent terminology among the source code (leechers vs peers for example)
- Save some of the runtime options to SQL database included in Canola (SQL table for dict perhaps?)
 Other ideas
- Allow searching in RSS feed
- Allow browsing Torrent contents and playback of retrieved media.
- Clean up download view and feed entry view
- Clean up menus
 Installing and usage
Please follow manual here
First report, a bit late tough :P
Second report, some new stuff
Third report, we're approaching finish soon
- This page was last modified on 12 February 2010, at 09:57.
- This page has been accessed 12,412 times.