This page will always be under construction.
An intensive university course for two weeks in which to get familiar with Qt programming on Maemo and the tools used for that.
- How to set up a garage account and project
- Think of a simple app that can be coded in about a week (doesn't matter if there is already an app out there that does what you think is cool, it's supposed to be a learning experience for you)
- Form small 3 person teams
- Use garage for project tracking
- Get the tools and go!
 Course format
- Small teams for the projects, preferably about 3 people per team
- Run in a SCRUM way - but this is up to the teams
- Sprints last for about three days
- Course mentors visit as possible and needed in the afternoons
|Morning 9.30 -|| What is Maemo?
What is Qt?
|Setting up continued.|
|Afternoon 14 -|| Getting the tools.
|Sprint review 12-14|
|Morning 9.30 -||Last minute polish|
|Afternoon 14 -||Sprint review||Sprint review||Packaging applications||Project review|
 Useful links
 Getting the tools
- Decision - use MADDE
 Qt docs
Trolltech official Qt docs. Excellent source. Use the version recommended (4.5 or 4.6) on the course.
 Getting help
- Irc channel #maemo or freenode.net (and the course specific one too)
- Maemo-developers mailing list on maemo.org
- Course mentors directly by mail or IM
 Course project list
- MaeRemote Niko Hämäläinen(Milo/Meelo), Markku Velinen(Dzarg), Daniel Suni(Izmo)
- GPS Location Tracker
- Breakout klooni ja lähes toimivat törmäykset
- MetropoliaMap by Jarmo Pihlajaniemi(Pihlis), Teemu Jaakola(tejaa), Aarne Relander(Taarne)
- Reittiopas by Lari (Plektra), Janne (janvi) and Miku (ryokale)
- MeegoMPC by Timo Myyrä(zmyrgel), Juho Esselström(Juhise), Juho Rautio(spaideri)
Continue the project if you think it's fun.
Publishing on extras.
- This page was last modified on 28 February 2010, at 18:05.
- This page has been accessed 7,770 times.