- Kick-off meeting organized in the Freenode #maemo-meeting IRC channel on 2008/06/30 at 18:00 UTC.
- The meeting log contains also the review of the last sprint.
- Backlog and Proposals available in the Sprint3 page.
- Sprint2 review meeting scheduled on 2008/07/22 together with the Sprint3 planning meeting.
|Completed||Good progress||Just standing||Some help needed!||Really stuck/delayed|
|2008-05-10||Who's who in Maemo||Dave||%||Discussion on implementation details pending|
|2008-05-10||Companies in Maemo development||Dave||60%||Initial group of companies defined, need logos & descriptions, and have list checked|
|2008-06-10||Consolidation of Extras||Niels||0%||Niels must specify what goes in this sprint|
|2008-06-10||Extras % maemo.org/downloads integration||Niels||%||Complete and/or document in wiki page|
|2006-06-10||Registration and sponsorship for Maemo Summit 2008||Oskari/Bergie||90%||Working, some bugs left|
|2008-06-10||Update maemo.org/intro||Dave||DONE||Just few pages waiting to be moved - links to be added|
|2008-06-10||Better extras categories and debtags||Niels||%||Proposal needs to be drafted in wiki page|
|2008-06-10||Put the Bugsquad in place||Andre/Karsten||40%||See this mail - Done: Triage guide in place|
|2008-06-10||Forum interface to mailing lists released||Oskari/Bergie||%||Beta to be made public for testing|
|2008-06-10||User profile improvements defined and started||Oskari/Bergie||70%||Revamped, some bugs left|
|2008-06-10||No pages remaining in Category:Midgard wiki||Dave||20%||Decided to discontinue this task|
|2008-06-30||Maemo brand||Quim||DONE||Considering this OK. Formal approval before the next sprint meeting unless someone finds a bug.|
|2008-06-30||Sprint progress||Quim||DONE||The process is setup, now it's up to everybody to do their part.|
|2008-06-30||Components and packages||Soumya||DONE||Table ready, problems uploading|
|2008-06-30||Maemo.org_logo_contest selection process||Dave||%||Agreed that needs to be selection and not voting|
|2008-06-30||Maemo Summit 2008 organization||Quim||DONE||In sync with c-base and all tasks listed - objectives of the sprint completed|
|2008-06-30||All components of product Website in good hands||Andre||DONE||All bugs triaged, missing only component owners list in this wiki|
|2005-09-18||desktop-files documented poorly||Documentation||Dave||DONE|
|2005-10-10||Use the wiki for developer documentation||Documentation||Dave||DONE||Now in the hands of Maemo SW team.|
|2006-06-26||Increased Bugzilla transparency - get the developers involved!||Bugzilla||Andre/Karsten||10%||In (long-term) progress|
|2007-06-26||Cleaning the community wiki from official docs||Documentation||Dave||100%||Not the same as ["No pages left in Category:Midgard wiki|
|2007-11-05||Karma system should allow more e-mail addresses||Profile||Bergie||%|
|2007-11-06||Maemo user profile public formatting isn't nice||Profile||Bergie||70%||Depedent bugs open|
|2008-01-24||It took a week to announcement to appear in maemo.org front page||General||Bergie||%||Depends on Task:Fast Server|
|2008-06-05||Midgard access control for folders and pages does not work||Documentation||Bergie||%||Demoted to Medium|
|2008-06-18||Defining company and role in profiles||Profile||Oskari||%||HIGH because of Summit registration and Who is Who|
|2008-06-18||Garage is (re)sending a "maemo logo competition" mail every hour||Garage||Ferenc||DONE|
|2008-06-23||Wiki pages sometimes fail to load with "lost network connection"||Wiki||Ferenc||50%||need an apache expert to see why it is crashin during high load (perhaps related to Midgard as well)|
|2008-06-23||Install the citation extension for the wiki||Wiki||Ferenc||DONE|
|2008-06-29||MediaBox Media Center appears as developed by Nokia when it's not||Downloads||Bergie||50%||Bug seems to be in midcom/datamanager, reassigning to bergie|
|2008-06-29||Install the Category Tree extension for the wiki||Wiki||Ferenc||DONE|
|2008-06-29||Install the Dynamic Page List extension for the wiki||Wiki||Ferenc||DONE|
|2008-06-30||Publishing packages to garage.maemo.org often results in "lost connection" and "permission denied" from scp||Garage||Ferenc||0%||This bug is still there and is a major problem!--xfade 08:04, 21 July 2008 (UTC); I can not reproduce it feri 18:02, 22 July 2008 (UTC)|
|2008-06-06||found = format_regex.match(data_string) : TypeError: expected string or buffer||Garage||Ferenc||DONE|
The bugs assigned in the last sprint meeting are marked as HIGH. The bugs proposed for the next sprint are marked as MEDIUM. Only product/component maintainers can change this status. Comment on a bug if you want to push it up. Check also those marked as EASYFIX.
 Activity log
Latest activity report goes on top.
- Tuesday 2008-07-22
- Yesterday: Conference - wrote & gave GNOME Mobile presentation at OMX.
- Today: Sprint meeting & attending OSCON.
- Yesterday: Fixed wiki ssl problem, worked on wiki problems, worked on application comments bugs/enhancements.
- Today: Check repository queue manager problems, application comments bugs, prepare for meeting.
- Monday 2008-07-21
- Yesterday: Attended FLOSS Foundations day 2. Called for volunteers for logo contest.
- Today: Attending Open Mobile Exchange at OSCON. Giving a presentation on GNOME Mobile. Will keep on contest judging today.
- Problems: Timezone issue - I don't know when the sprint meeting is on. timeanddate.com is your friend --xfade 08:09, 22 July 2008 (UTC)
- Thursday: Bugzilla wiki plugin testing and some garage maintenance.
- Today: Triage and work on bugs that have been assigned to me over the weekend.
- Yesterday: Summit budget situation explained. maemo.org events updated. Created Pushing_a_maemo.org_task, Task:Publishing_API_docs and Objective:Release_soon_and_often. Added new proposals to 100Days/Sprint3.
- Today: Nothing until the Sprint planning meeting.
- Problems: Unable to upload a file to the wiki
- Sunday 2008-07-20
- Yesterday: Asking sponsored participants to hurry up with bookings. Triage Website bugs. Pushing plan for a GNOME hackfest.
- Today: Will work instead of Tuesday. Explaining the Summit budget situation. Update maemo.org events. Prepare Sprint3 meeting.
- Saturday 2008-07-19
- Yesterday: Sponsorship requests up to date. Accommodation recommendations made. Pushing plan for a GNOME hackfest.
- Today: Will work instead of Monday. Asking sponsored participants to hurry up with bookings. Triage Website bugs.
- Problems: Can't decide on all sponsorship requests while having big items undefined in the budget. High season in Berlin in September, many hotels/Hostels quite booked those days, this increases average price of accommodation.
- Yesterday: Travelling to Portland
- Today: Attending FLOSS Foundations meeting. Will work on list of companies & recruiting/identifying logo competition judges too.
- Friday 2008-07-18
- Yesterday: As expected, not much time for Maemo stuff.
- Today: Travelling to OSCon all day.
- Yesterday: Triaged some older bugs
- Today: Triage Website bugs, continue triage old bugs, work on Bugsquad Triage Guide
- Yesterday: Visited c-base: cool people, great space! We started discussing about the details. They agreed to send a modular budget by the end of next week.
- Today: Clean queue of sponsorship requests. Have a look to accommodation in Berlin Mitte and surroundings (although it's raining...)
- Problems: imo we are starting to get many sponsorship requests not very reasonable, perhaps a "device discount" fever is starting. Hopefully not since I have better things to do than triaging requests from unknown people trying out. In any case this is a better problem than the lack of awareness we had just 3 days ago. :)
- Thursday 2008-07-17
- Yesterday: Wrote a presentation for OSCon 2008 (next week), spent all afternoon on administrative stuff (bank, accountant, post office, phone calls), spent quite a while answering email.
- Today: Some phone calls, wrapping up GUADEC/GNOME stuff, will not make much progress on maemo stuff. Plan to kick-start the selection team for logo contest.
- Problems: July is the month of conferences. I'm only back & I'm leaving again. Need to learn how to get work done on the road.
- Yesterday: MySQL upgrade preparation for Bugzilla, installed fixes for profiles. Requested new certificate for wiki. Worked on garage performance issues and monitored the massmailer.
- Today: Fix some bugs related to mediawiki Bugzilla plugin, work on Extras changes.
- Problems: Can't seem to find anybody whom can handle my SSL renewal request due to holidays.
- Yesterday: fixed twice :) mail bug on garage
- Today: nothing
- Problems: none
- Yesterday: Help Soumya getting a first draft of Task:Components_and_packages out. Complete 1st (and last?) wave of Summit promotion with a mass mailing that is working quite well. GNOME Hackfest could be based on GStreamer. OSiM registration, agreed to wait until August 1st to define the group package.
- Today: Fly to Berlin and agree the basics with the c-base guys. If time permits, have a look to hostels in the area.
- Problems: Couldn't upload Soumya's table. Wiki won't allow uploading OOo docs. Sent to maemo-community but retained because of 40kb limit (the mail had 46kb). In Ferenc's hands now.
- Wednesday 2008-07-16
- Yesterday: viewvc install started on garage
- Today: complete viewvc install on garage, fix mail bug on garage
- Problems: garage is slow and overloaded. from time to time the svn commit hook script makes the server very busy. the qt4 team is using the garage web space to maintain their Debian repo there. they should move to extras-devel.
- Yesterday: Split tasks and roles of the Summit + instructions for travel sent. Agreed with Soumya first draft of components and packages. More Summit promo in ITt and got some good names (yay!). Details on possible GNOME Hackfest in Berlin.
- Today: Help Soumya getting a first draft of Task:Components_and_packages out, even if it's still a bit messy and not very nice-looking (Markitechture is a complex art!). OSiM developer session plan.
- Problems: Not a big one but OSiM discount is on their side now. Waiting.
- Yesterday: Worked on performance issues on garage (Added php caching, smarter reindexing of repositories), setup non-free distribution for extras-devel and testing with etrunko, fixed some repository reindexing issues.
- Today: Fix wiki ssl certificate, fix non-free cron issues, get garage performance issues sorted out.
- Problems: Wiki ssl certificate expired.
- Yesterday: Cleared email backlog (yay!). No-one on #maemo bit for the wiki page of the day - looks like I'll be cleaning it up myself. Talked to Quim about "Who's who" (see, reporting Problems does work) - looks like I'm blocking on bug #3262, and will be bumping to 100Days/Sprint3. Didn't get round to creating the wiki page with companies & logos - will do it today.
- Today: Create wiki page with list of companies working on maemo, plus logos. Presentation to finish for OSCon next week, and some outstanding GUADEC/GNOME stuff, must see accountant too, rest of the day in the wiki - goal: 3 pages.
- Problems: Not enough hours in the day. Quim: Can you put in a request with management for days to be extended to 28 hours, please?
- Tuesday 2008-07-15
- Yesterday: Catch up with incoming bugs of the last week and follow-up mail and bugmail; sync statuses with Nokia's internal Tracker
- Today: Clean up more old bugs; work on Bugsquad proposal and wiki pages
- Problems: only non-technical (flu) ;-)
- Yesterday: French bank holiday. Fixed up "Wiki page of the Day", and caught up with part of my mail backlog. Also did some GNOME stuff.
- Today: Finish catching up with email backlog. List companies involved in maemo development and send list to maemo-community. Fix up 2 wiki pages, and push people on #maemo to fix up the Wiki page of the Day.
- Problems: I don't know what to do with the list of companies working on maemo when it's done. We should put logos somewhere, figure out what a company needs to do to get on the list, and link this into someplace sensible. Not sure if this is best as a new Midgard page or a living Wiki page.
- Today: mail bug on garage, viewvc install on garage to reduce the load
- Problems: none
- Yesterday: Debugged repository problems, tuned repository tools to lower load on garage, tested registration, installed bugzilla plugin for mediawiki (Doesn't work yet because of firewall issues)
- Today: Try to get new things done instead of trying to fix random things breaking.
- Problems: Insane server load on multiple machines, lack of access to machines, lack of response from ISP and people on vacation, but apart from that everything is OK.
- Yesterday: Blog notes about GUADEC. More Summit promotion (#maemo & GNOME Foundation) + instructions for accommodation. Assist Soumya on Task:Components_and_packages.
- Today: Split tasks and roles of the Summit + instructions for travel + OSiM discount. Agree with Soumya first draft of components and packages?
- Problems: Reaching the right audience for sponsorship requests is harder than I thought e.g. penguinbait knew just yesterday about all this and now it's too late for him. I wonder if there are more cases like him. I want to have the sponsored guys decided asap for efficiency and to avoid last minute stress.
- Monday 2008-07-14
- Last week: GUADEC (Discussions, meetings, socializing, some talks. No mail, VPN was blocked.)
- Today: Triaging last weeks bug reports.
- Friday, Weekend: Garage work and extras support, registration debugging/testing.
- Today: Investigate registration problem, look into repository problems and work on open bugs.
- Problems: High server load on garage.
- Last week: GUADEC (talks, GNOME meetings, socializing. had problems to access my mail and irc)
- Today: Catch up with incoming bugs of the last week and follow-up mail and bugmail; sync statuses with Nokia's internal Tracker
- Last week: Promoting the Maemo Summit in GUADEC and ITt. Testing the buggy registration/sponsorship.
- Today: Blog notes about GUADEC. Split tasks and roles of the Summit + more promotion + instructions to book flights. Assist Soumya on Task:Components_and_packages.
- Problems: Unsure whether Dave is waiting for me to push "Who's who in Maemo - Discussion on implementation details pending".
- Sunday 2008-07-13
- Friday 2008-07-11
- Yesterday: Worked on Task:Providing_changes_since_last_version_of_a_package, created a Maemo skin for the wiki, helped some Extras users.
- Today: Work on .install files for Diablo Extras, look into registration problems.
- Thursday 2008-07-10
- Yesterday: Added a non-free queue for diablo extras, so we can test adding packages there. Fixed garage svn stats and a chinook repository corruption.
- Today: Look into how to easily record changes for packages and work on Task:Consolidation_of_Extras
- Wednesday 2008-07-09
- Yesterday: Fixed screenshots in /downloads, some wiki work and extras user help.
- Tuesday 2008-07-08
- Yesterday: Finished migrating new Intro. Cleaned up partitioning a flash card. Finished a GNOME press release. Travelled to Istanbul.
- Today: Ran GNOME Mobile BOF. Will play in FreeFA World Cup this afternoon.
- Yesterday: Had the Maemo & Nokia BOF at GUADEC. Met Andre & Karsten + many others. Socializing.
- Today: Upload audio file of the session and blog about it. Review Summit registrations. Invite upstream maintainers to the Maemo Summit.
- Problems: None
- Yesterday: Assisted extras users, blogged about downloads auto updating, installed and tested the new profile pages, fixed bug #3412: permalink for downloads broken, installed and tested patch for memcached related issues on maemo.org.
- Today: Work on Extras related documentation and plans. Add link on /downloads to Extras upload documentation.
- Problems: None
- Monday 2008-07-07
- Friday: Worked on some repository dependency problems for extras and DP team. Added automatic version updating to /downloads with data from the extras repositories. Worked on some bugs and did some user support for extras.
- Today: Blog automatic version update, Work on Task:Consolidation_of_Extras
- Problems: None
- Yesterday: Cleaned up USB networking, set booting from a flash card as Wiki page of the day, and when that got fixed, set partitioning a flash card as WPotD.
- Today: Migrate the rest of the new Intro page, clean up partitioning a flash card, revisit GUADEC presentation, travel to Istanbul.
- Problems: None
- Friday 2008-07-04
- Yesterday: follow-up mail and bugmail; ITT and mailing list postings
- Today: follow-up mail and bugmail; triaging incoming bug reports and reproducing/forwarding issues
- Problems: None
- Today: Caught up on 2 days email. Sick baby. Not much progress.
- Problems: No babysitter :(
- Yesterday: Worked on extras dependency problem and tried to get more info about the SSU dependencies. Tested registration interface and did some fixes. Test automatic version update script for downloads on the internal test machine.
- Today: Work on open bugs and downloads version updates.
- Problems: None
- Yesterday: Launched the Maemo Summit + feedback on registration related bugs + promotion in planets and ITt.
- Today: Clarify OSiM registration for Summit participants and little else since I'm flying to Istanbul.
- Problems: Bug 3264 impedes better Summit promotion in maemo.org. I can't find the way in Midgard to approve sponsorship requests.
- Thursday 2008-07-03
- Yesterday and Today: Attended a conference (RMLL 2008) yesterday and today, and prepared presentations most of the day Tuesday. Renewed usb_networking as Wiki page of the Day - unfortunately, no improvements to the page so far. I plan to work on it tomorrow to kick-start the effort.
- Problems: None of note.
- Yesterday: Tested garage svn commit mail problems, worked on repository dependency issues, worked on .install files and library problems for extras, blogged about promotion interface and checked some autobuilder problems.
- Today: A bit more dependency problems, make sure registration interface works today. Add more documentation to the wiki about Extras.
- Problems: Reporting system for download stats lags, so I can't update the stats in /downloads
- Yesterday: Task:Sprint_progress ready to go. Talked with Soumya about Task:Components_and_packages + Development Platform team participation in Maemo_Summit_2008.
- Today: Whatever is needed to launch the Summit registration. Define tasks around Maemo_Summit_2008.
- Problems: Impatient about the Summit registration. Got interviewed till early morning and DP team celebrates 4.1 release, so not much work expected.
- Wednesday 2008-07-02
- Yesterday: Accepting bugs for this sprint
- Today: Working on the bugs shown with light blue. Expected fix for those are early tomorrow.
- Problems: None
- Yesterday: Feedback to Summit registration. Kicked off the Task:Sprint_progress. Blogged about Task:Maemo_brand review and misc stuff about maemo.org.
- Today: Fine tune Task:Sprint_progress and define tasks around Maemo_Summit_2008.--qgil 09:43, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
- Problems: I stayed at home and couldn't test registration in internal server.
- Activities: Yesterday I added IRC log of sprint meeting, extras support, committed promotion interface changes, checked connection problems builder, tried to fix libglade2 dependency problems in extras-devel for diablo, user support for autobuilder (mostly build-depends problems), autobuilder bug hunting, #maemo contact change requested, fixed problem in maemo profile, notified about .install files missing for diablo.
- Problems: Autobuilder connection problem with proxy (need others to fix this issue), .install files not available for diablo. (Need changes in promoter for that) [Plan for today:] Fix and check libglade dependency problems in diablo extras-devel, find a solution for .install files --xfade 08:42, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
- This page was last modified on 4 May 2010, at 09:36.
- This page has been accessed 173,292 times.