Maemo.org Sprints/October 08
October 2008 Sprint planning
- Planning meeting organized in the #maemo-meeting IRC channel on Tuesday 2008/09/30 at 19:00 UTC.
- Right after 100Days/Sprint5 review.
- Followed by Maemo.org Sprints/November 08
|Completed||Good progress||Just standing||Some help needed!||Really stuck/delayed|
|2008-06-10||Better extras categories and debtags||Niels||DONE||See Ryan's post and my proposal|
|2008-08-12||Push Better organization of bugs.maemo.org components to 70%||Andre||70%||Draft now available at Talk:Task:Getting_Nokia_involved_in_bugs.maemo.org#Draft_structure, still a few open questions left to solve/find out|
|2008-09-02||Task:Fast Server||Tero||30%||Half-way there, we still need to upgrade to Ragnaroek|
|2008-09-02||Task:Maemo_contributions to open source projects||Quim||DONE||List of relevant projects completed. Enough detail for now. More upon request.|
|2008-09-02||Explanation of the reasons why the "Top 10" closed source packages are closed||Quim||DONE||Main reasons and most requested packages/areas answered.|
|2008-09-02||ITt karma counting||Henri||DONE||Karma plugins done and in action, see example|
|2008-09-02||ITT app catalog feeds||Henri||0%|
|2008-09-02||Complete and agreed proposal to improve maemo.org||Dave||DONE||The proposal looks OK to me. After 10 days, no feedback received, considering this task DONE.|
|2008-09-30||New maemo.org homepage specs agreed||Dave||DONE||Consensus reached around a proposal by Tim Samoff|
|2008-09-30||Who and how works on the maemo.org design||Dave||50%||Process proposed, waiting for feedback and confirmation of roles. Dave Neary, Tim Samoff and Jaffa will work with INdT's designers to get a final design, before working on getting it implemented in Midgard.|
|2008-09-30||Propose a new structure for maemo.org/development||Dave||30%||Proposal exists, I would like to wireframe some mock-ups. Layout will depend on the final layout of the front page, most likely. Waiting for INdT relationship & contacts to be clarified.|
|2008-09-30||Agreed plan for Task:Improving maemo.org/community||Tim||DONE||Complete barring feedback from Nokia.|
|2008-09-30||Task:Kill the old wiki||Ryan||DONE||Niels killed the wiki and put the redirects in place.|
|2008-09-30||Task:Reducing number of external repositories||Niels||40%||Contacted most owners. Had a lot of positive responses, but need to gently push most of them again..|
|2008-09-30||Define and publish first Feature Jar for the community and Nokia product managers||Andre||80%||See this email - second iteration based on Quim's feedback planned for first week of November|
|2008-09-30||Task:Open Source Proof Points||Quim||5%||Started preliminary discussion.|
Bugs in product Website
The bugs assigned in the last sprint meeting are marked as HIGH. The bugs proposed for the next sprint are marked as MEDIUM. Only product/component maintainers can change this status. Comment on a bug if you want to push it up. Check also those marked as EASYFIX.
What follows are the bugs that need special attention/progress.
For the record:
|ID||P||Status||Severity||Version||Product||Summary (14 tasks) ⇒|
|3432||High||NEW||enhancement||unspecified||maemo.org Website||Comments on downloads.maemo.org should automatically contain version number|||
|2179||High||NEW||enhancement||unspecified||maemo.org Website||Visualize rating creation date and related software version|||
|2304||High||RESOLVED||enhancement||unspecified||maemo.org Website||Karma should take ITT forum posts and threads started into account|
|3178||High||RESOLVED||normal||unspecified||maemo.org Website||Developer documentation portal needs revision|||
|3696||High||RESOLVED||normal||unspecified||maemo.org Website||Bad formatting of Jobs page|||
|3747||High||RESOLVED||major||4.1||maemo.org Website||4.2008.36-5 SDK is listed under 4.1.1|||
|3280||High||RESOLVED||minor||unspecified||maemo.org Website||Wiki pages sometimes fail to load with "lost network connection"|||
|3562||High||RESOLVED||major||4.1||maemo.org Website||Reorganizing components in Bugzilla|||
|2296||High||RESOLVED||normal||unspecified||maemo.org Website||Karma not counted in ITt feed|
|2303||High||RESOLVED||enhancement||unspecified||maemo.org Website||Karma should count ITT 'Thanks!"|
|1805||Medium||RESOLVED||normal||4.1.x||Developer Guide||Making a package for the Application Manager in maemo 3.x does not list what apps should go to what section|||
|3363||Medium||RESOLVED||normal||unspecified||maemo.org Website||wiki.maemo.org search does not find anything with short search terms|
|3241||Medium||RESOLVED||minor||unspecified||maemo.org Website||Links to user and user's talk pages are redlinks, regardless of whether the pages link to actually exist|||
|3236||Medium||VERIFIED||minor||unspecified||maemo.org Website||User login page for the wiki needs to mention that login information is from Garage and provide a link to the Garage registration page|||
- Parameter columns=id, priority, severity, modified, product, status, summary, to is invalid using regex /^[\w,_+-~]*$/
Latest activity report goes on top.
- Tuesday 2008-11-04
- Past days: Cleaning up (triaging/reproducing/moreinfo'ing) old non-enhancement bugs (should be 60 or 70 less now).
- Today: Enhance Talk:Task:Getting_Nokia_involved_in_bugs.maemo.org#Draft_structure; work on improving internal report; community meeting.
- Past days: Did a lot of maintenance. Worked on Packaging Policy change proposal and found out how to submit change requests. Deployed and tested new karma plugins for itT karma. Discussed server issues and plans with Tero.
- Today: Publish Task:Packaging_policy_proposed_changes and try to finalize the first part of Task:Package categories. Setup redirects for Ryan's Task:Kill the old wiki. Attend the sprint meeting + publish logs.
- Friday 2008-10-31
- Past 2 days: Karma recount debugging, http auth testing for maemo.org, installed new karma packages, performance testing on internal machine. Find out about Packaging Policy change request. Clean up downloads a bit. Investigated static file serving. Fixed database backup issue.
- Today: Discuss server issues with tekojo. Write Packaging Policy change request proposal wiki page. Blog about progress with Task:Package categories. Do a last round of performance improvement tests on internal machine.
- Past days: Application Manager open development setup. Small progress on Why_the_closed_packages - bme & mce. Ping for November sprint meeting. Helped that guy blaming Nokia Care. Feedback on Feature Jar. Spinned off PIM discussion in ITt. Forwarded request for Calling All Innovators banner in maemo.org frontpage. Feedback on development and 3D acceleration for N8*0 devices in maemo-users and ITt.
- Today: Creating event for next sprint meeting. Blog about all the open items. Still aiming to close Why_the_closed_packages and Task:Maemo_contributions this sprint.
- Problems: Too many items at the same time. Willing to be responsive to all open issues makes me work a lot less fixing actually stuff. /me should stick more to committed tasks - conclude them and then take new ones.
- Yesterday: Tweaked karma recounts with Niels, some work on favouriting over the new authentication system, RSS importer debugging because of FeedBurner timeouts
- Today: Discussing Ragnaroek upgrade schedule
- Wednesday 2008-10-29
- Yesterday: Worked on section checking in Extras Assistant. Did some cleanup in downloads. Performance work on internal server, everything looks good for implementing on maemo.org.
- Today: Work on/test authenticated sessions on http for maemo.org together with rambo. Look into separate vhost for static files. Push Task:Package categories some more.
- Yesterday: Implemented needed Documentation HTML importer features, optimized Downloads component
- Today: Changing karma calculation scheduling, implementing ITT karma importers
- Tuesday 2008-10-28
- Today: Visited offices this morning. Processing email, following up on home page refresh & working on mocking up the Development page this afternoon. Sick baby at home.
- Yesterday: Administrative work
- Last week: Major performance tuning with Ragnaroek that we will soon run
- Today: HTML documentation importer, query tuning with Downloads component
- Past days: DSP finally added to Why_the_closed_packages. Discussion supporting Talk:Killer Apps. Discussion about Maemo vs mainstream Linux - Started Mainstream Linux Alignment. Mondays are becoming bug triaging days thanks to Bug Jar.
- Today: Why_the_closed_packages - bme & mce. Continue with Mainstream Linux Alignment discussion. Ping for November sprint meeting. Hopefully leave Task:Maemo_contributions ready for this sprint.
- Thursday 2008-10-22
- Yesterday: Performance tracing/ testing on internal server, made quite some progress. Published some jobs.
- Today: Wrap up performance tuning so we can test for regressions before moving this to the live server. Work on Task:Package categories.
- Yesterday: Handled a lot of backlog, and made proposal to get moving regarding the front page. Asked for clarification on the "Calling all innovators" initiative.
- Today: Wire-frame new Development page, and start Support page proposal.
- Problems: Need more reactivity from INdT - request for all versions of logo went unanswered for a week, and I have not heard back from Andre in a week either.
- Wednesday 2008-10-22
- Monday: Prepared lecture I gave Tuesday
- Tuesday: Half-day lecture for library administrators, afternoon & evening meeting with a local non-profit here in Lyon
- Today: First day since last week for working on Maemo. Urgency seems to be the front page redesign, discussion has petered out. I will plant a stake in the ground, and ensure INdT are working on the design & implementation, and move discussion to content & wireframing of Development, Community and Support pages
- Yesterday: Major performance improvements with Ragnaroek
- Today: Performance tuning for downloads and social news, implementing new cache strategy
- Tuesday 2008-10-21
- Yesterday: 'Downloads' / ragnaroek performance tracing on test machine.
- Today: Remove package signing requirement from Extras Assistant. More 'Downloads' optimization.
- Monday 2008-10-20
- Friday: Worked on Task:Reducing_number_of_external_repositories, database tuning, upgraded the internal test server to Ragnaroek.
- Today: 'Downloads' performance tracing on test machine. Remove package signing requirement from Extras Assistant.
- Today: Working on Ragnaroek traces with Niels, tuning performance where appropriate
- Today: Fixing the image resizer JS
- Friday 2008-10-17
- Yesterday: Spent the day chasing down the GNOME Event Box, and organising an emergency replacement for the GNOME stand at JDLL in Lyon.
- Today: Attending JDLL, getting posters printed.
- Tomorrow: JDLL day 2 - giving a presentation on GNOME accessibility at 9:30am.
- Wednesday 2008-10-15
- Yesterday: Little maemo.org progress, out of the office all afternoon. Asked for clarification on prime time community software.
- Today: Hopefully we can close the maemo.org front page discussion and encapsulate the principles we agree on. I need to prepare a presentation for Saturday morning and a lecture for next week. I also want to (finally) make the updates I've been planning to the Task:Improving_maemo.org/Development proposal.
- Yesterday: Worked on database performance. Updated Worked on Task:Reducing_number_of_external_repositories.
- Today: Work on performance issues database and downloads.
- Tuesday 2008-10-14
- Monday 2008-10-13
- Friday: Worked on Task:Kill the old wiki, updated Task:Improving_maemo.org to remove discussion, and make it a more concrete proposal, update karma, co-ordinate with INdT to make sure they're working in the wiki and on the list for the site refresh and front page.
- Today: Finally push Task:Improving_maemo.org/Development content finally, work on presentation I'm giving on Saturday, visit another office.
- Friday 2008-10-09
- Wednesday: Paperwork, prepared a lecture for Thursday morning, processed email, worked on development page.
- Thursday: Lecture, accountant, processed email.
- Today: Visit office space, reviewed Task:Kill the old wiki - added a bunch of page redirects we need, and will review further the pages we brought over from the wiki. Those redirects are going to take time to set up. Frustratingly unproductive week.
- Past week: Improving maemo.org discussion, asked Dave to review Task:Kill the old wiki, remarkable community projects discussion.
- Today: Bug package maintainers about packages with invalid sections, ponder on the categories issue.
- Thursday 2008-10-09
- Wednesday 2008-10-08
- Yesterday: Not much - Pushed update for maemo.org revision proposal, have been working on content of maemo.org/development, followed up on several mailing list threads
- Today: Paperwork this morning, and following up on recent revisions of maemo.org designs. Will push update to development content which will propose a reorganisation of existing content.
- Tuesday 2008-10-07
- Yesterday: Follow up with INdT on layout and design work for community pages and for maemo.org redesign. Looked at some office space in the afternoon.
- Today: Try to crystallise front page discussion - but since this morning I'm unsure if we're going in circles. Fill out proposal for maemo.org rework overall.
- Today: Catch up with backlog of maemo.org work. Work on Task:Reducing_number_of_external_repositories and Extras categories.
- Monday 2008-10-06
- Friday: Passed a major hurdle for the invoicing system in Nokia. Travelled to the UK for the weekend, so was only around in the morning. Continued working on karma and refining front page design. I think we're ready to nail our flag to the post and get working on the realisation of a design now.
- Today: Wind up the discussion on the front page design, we seem to be converging on something now. Start working with Nemein to figure out how we can implement this in Midgard. Also looking at some office space today.
- Friday 2008-10-03
- Dave (adding Monday - wiki was down Friday when I tried to connect)
- Yesterday: Keep working on refining front page design. I think we're close to a final version. Worked on a proposal for reforming karma, made good progress in that discussion.
- Today: Start working on patches for some simple karma fixes. Make progress on getting into Nokia's invoicing system.
- Yesterday: Discussion about maemo.org homepage. Cut lot of text at Explanation of the reasons why the closed source packages are closed.
- Today: Publishing Explanation of the reasons why the closed source packages are closed. Discussion about maemo.org homepage, still. Finding a basic way to proceed with community editions, distros and etc.
- Thursday 2008-10-02
- Yesterday: Worked on Task:Reducing_number_of_external_repositories, worked on some server issues and repository.
- Today: Try to fix some server issues.
- Tomorrow - weekend - Monday: I will be away for a long weekend, (probably) not reading email. Urgent matters: SMS.
- Problem: The flue.
- Yesterday: Worked on Task:Kill the old wiki, started putting together a proposal for Task:Maemo Community distribution, pushed discussion in -developers and bugzilla. Started work on Task:Kill the old wiki.
- Today: Talk to Marcell about a non-free section for tableteer. Get with Dave on Task:Kill the old wiki. Continue working on Task:Maemo Community distribution.
- Yesterday: Cleaned up Task:Content Cleanup and created Task:Improving maemo.org/Development. Proposed organisation for content in the Development page. Continue pushing discussion for maemo.org front page.
- Today: Keep moving on Task:Improving maemo.org/Development, build out content and work on a layout proposal. Work with User:GeneralAntilles on old wiki migration & killing task. Try to move towards a concensus on maemo.org homepage.
- Yesterday: Reflecting decisions of maemo.org sprint meeting in this wiki page. Discussion on maemo.org homepage. Task:ITt Collaboration cleaning. Reviewing priorities in Website bugs, pushed some to Medium.
- Today: Publishing Explanation of the reasons why the closed source packages are closed (everyday there is something that gets in between!). Discussion on maemo.org homepage.
- Wednesday 2008-10-01
- Yesterday: Work on my proposal for front page redesign. Contact Marcelo and Tim to get some layout proposals for maemo.org/community. IRC sprint meeting. Document karma.
- Today: Start work on proposal for developer portal. Identify key resources that should be put on a pedestal. Clean up Task:Content Cleanup.
- Yesterday: Discussion on maemo.org homepage. Facilitation of the maemo.org sprint meeting.
- Today: Reflecting decisions in maemo.org sprint in this wiki page. Discussion on maemo.org homepage. Publishing Explanation of the reasons why the closed source packages are closed.
- This page was last modified on 4 May 2010, at 09:41.
- This page has been accessed 68,167 times.